The kids and I attended our 2nd meeting down at the Kingdom Hall together today, my boys get a bit wriggly after an hour of sitting there being quiet but for a new and different environment for them they are awesome, I’m so proud of them and how they kept quiet today, next Sunday Aaron is on days off so I’ll give the boys the day off attending the meeting and just take my Taimana with me, she enjoys learning more about Jehovah as much as I do. This afternoon however we had family photos, so after our meeting which finished at 11:30ish we come home and I made some sandwiches for lunch, woke Aaron up (coz he’s on nights) and get to the other side of our big town, nah not really by 1:20pm. One of my friends has been raising money to go towards her total hip replacement so another friend of ours offered up her time to do family/kids portraits for a cheap price that goes towards her fundraising. $20 for 10 shots but she does wayyyy more than 10 and the editing she does from what I’ve seen are amazing, she’s not an accredited photographer but she loves it and it shows in her work. Can’t wait to see them. It’s been a busy day for me today so here I am still awake at blinkin 10pm…geez
I have my Taimana home from school today. She woke up unable to keep anything down my poor hunny, shes still the same too, she laid up in the lounge watching TV with the bucket right next to her. Hope she feels better for Sunday when we go to our meeting then we have family photos in the afternoon.
So after the centerlink debacle I got a letter saying that Im still owing the system over 3k and they want payment by 21st August so I just got off the phone and explained to them that I can’t pay that amount in one hit and if I can set up a payment plan. The guy on the other end was very friendly and helpful. I’m a bit pissed that this has even happened, I just didn’t think that the redundancy payout would go down as income, it didn’t once cross my mind to report it to them. Well at least I know not to make that mistake again and when I sort out employment details with Jackie and Joe (Her Mum) this afternoon I’ll be ringing centerlink straight away. Bugger screwing up like this again!
I don’t miss smoking and I don’t miss weed which really but happily surprises me coz there was a time not long ago either that I couldn’t imagine myself not depending on getting through the day with one or the other, I thank Jehovah God for the strength he has given me throughout this journey, I can so feel my spiritual being growing more and more everyday, I can also feel my friends slipping away from me too which is cool, it say in he bible that we’d lose some in order to follow that narrow path to everlasting life. All goods my eye is on the prize. To live forever with my whanau.
So I was chatting with Jackie Church through messenger tonight, she can’t talk well so messenger chat is way easier although if I listen hard enough I can understand what she’s trying to say, I was chatting to her tonight about meeting up with her and her mother to discuss her routine, what food she’s able to eat, her cleaning and what ever else. We are meeting up on Friday so it’s looking like I definitely have this job which I am soooo thankful for, it can’t have come at a better time when we are needing the extra funds building up to Xmas plus getting to know Jacz on a different level, she’s a cool chick and really quite independent so the more time I spend with her the easier it’ll be for me to understand her and plus the kids will get to know her better as well.
Because I liked Raes 12 interesting facts that she posted about herself she forwarded the number 13 to me so here I am racking my brain for 13 interesting facts about myself…Like for a number yo :-)
1) I was hit by a car when I was 2 years old coz I had no taringa (ears) and run across the road, don’t remember the actual accident but I do remember being in hospital.
2) My Mum died when I was 6 years old and I was totally parentless by the time I was 18.
3) 3 of my older sisters and a cuzzie raised me and my older sister by 4 years Johanna, oh and Dad too when he wasn’t fluffing around his girlfriend.
4) I did my 5th form on Correspondence coz I hated teachers and the feeling was ever so mutual
5) I went back to school for 6th form but then got the boot for been accused of dealing weed (I wasn’t but I wished…lol)
6) My first proper pay cheque was at 10 years old, well not cheque but cashed up working in the sheds with my sister Rena.
7) I’ve kissed a girl and I liked iiiit…haha
8) I loved travelling all over NZ working in the sheds and entering woolhandling shows, wish I had of kept at it.
9) I consider Woolhandling to be my profession and the Shearing Shed to be my office even after been outta the game for 8 years now.
10) I am a Mother of 4, I had my first child at 25 and last at 32 or 33, I forget
11) I miss working
12) I strive to raise my kids to be the total opposite to how I was raised, a loving stable family/enviroment.
13) I love brushing my daughters hair every morning for school, its something I wish I had growing up, a Mum who took pride in how her kids left the house, I know if she was to live I would of had the bestest Mama ever.